To those entering the 2018 Clare Valley Portrait Prize we hope you are well under way with your work for this exhibition. We have compiled a list of do’s and dont’s for this year so that it will make it easier for everybody. As in previous years there will be an Overall Winner, People’s Choice Award and a Packing Room Prize. The judge this year is Christine McCarthy who is a renowned Linocut artist from Adelaide who has sold her work throughout Australia and internationally and we are delighted she has agreed to be here for this event.
More information and entry forms will be sent out soon.
RULES OF ENTRY
• Must be a painting
• Must be a portrait painted from life, with the subject known to the artist, aware of the artist’s intention and having at least one live sitting with the artist.
• A photo taken by the artist of the subject to accompany the entry form or written consent by the subject
• The entry must be a new artwork or at least under 12 months
• There will be a description of why the subject was chosen and a brief outline given of the experience of painting
• The portrait must have some resemblance to the person sitting for the artist, this does not mean the work has to be a realistic representation.
• It is acceptable to do a self portrait.
• May be painted in any medium (eg oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media).
• Must be suitably framed for handling. A stretched canvas is considered a suitable frame.
• Must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name and address and the title of the work.
• The work must be for sale with the price indicated.
• Must NOT be wet when submitted.
• There will be a separate section for animals but no prize money will be offered
• The work must be accompanied by printouts of the completed entry form and a signed statement from the sitter.
• Each competitor is responsible for maintaining their own insurance.